Join Us For Easter!
You are invited to Easter Sunday at The Word! Easter is a special Sunday and we want to celebrate it with you. You will experience a warm environment as our volunteer teams work hard to make everyone feel welcome to our church. From our friendly parking team, to the greeters saying good morning, you will feel welcomed to our campus. After the service, head out to our courtyard to enjoy an Easter Egg Hunt with your family. Enjoy the free refreshments and you might even get to meet some people from your community. We are excited you are considering joining us for Easter and we hope you will come celebrate this special Sunday with us!
Baptisms will be occurring during service. You can sign up to get baptized by calling (520) 975-9556.
Full Kids Ministry Available for: 0 – 12 yr
Join us the FIRST Monday Night of every month for a time of prayer and worship. Bring your needs to God. Intercede for our city. Pray for revival.
2 Chronicles 7:14 (NLT) Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
A Bible Study for women - a chance to get together and dig deep into what it means to be a woman who follows Jesus. Bring your questions, struggles, insights, and of course, your friends!
All day, every day, an invisible war rages around you — unseen, unheard, yet felt throughout every aspect of your life. A devoted, devilish enemy seeks to wreak havoc on everything that matters to you: your heart, your mind, your marriage, your children, your relationships, your resilience, your dreams, your destiny. But his battle plan depends on catching you unaware and unarmed. If you're tired of being pushed around and caught with your guard down, this study is for you.
The Enemy always fails miserably when he meets a woman dressed for the occasion. The Armor of God, more than merely a biblical description of the believer's inventory, is an action plan for putting it on and developing a personalized strategy to secure victory.
-Equip women to get serious, specific, and strategic in their discipline of prayer
-Turn challenges and discouragement into opportunities for prayer
-Grow spiritually as you dig deeper into Scripture and expand your understanding of prayer
-Develop and implement practical, purposeful prayer strategies
Our worship experience is professionally done and we have taken the time to prepare an experience in which you will leave blessed and encouraged, ready to change our world.
Our Sunday Experiences typically run 90 minutes and consist of music followed by a relevant teaching. Kid's Church is available for ages 3 to 10 years old. Hope to see you soon!
No matter who you are or where you've been, you're welcome here.
At The Word Church, you'll be welcomed into a friendly, casual environment by people who are excited to see you. We want you to have an idea of what to expect when you arrive at a The Word Church. All you have to do from here is come as you are and find out more for yourself!
AT A WEEKEND SERVICE, YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Each service to last 90 minutes.
- Thought-provoking and engaging messages based on the Bible.
- Sermons by Pastor Sergio Acedo.
- High-energy worship music.
- Fun teaching for your kids.
Current Sermon Series:
Believe your big risks will be rewarded. Believe what you ask for is possible. If you’re ready to see a spark in your life, pray boldly. Pray daringly. Pray with fire. And remember God's listening to your Dangerous Prayers.
DURING THE SERMON:
Join us for our traditional Christmas Eve Service from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm featuring the reading of the Christmas story, worship through traditional Christmas carols, inspiring music from some of our musical artists and a special candle-lighting service. This is a family service, so all kids are invited to attend this special morning with their parents and grandparents! Stay after for our Community Christmas Party. We will be handing out free toys to children under 10 years old and a free lunch for everyone. Join us for a great day as we anticipate the blessings of Christmas.
Join us on Tuesday, October 31 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm for an event that is sure to get the kids excited.
Trunk or Treat offers a kid-friendly night of activities that all can enjoy in a safe, outdoor environment. It will be a great night, featuring games, crafts, candy and so much more! Invite your friends, neighbors and anyone with small children to share fun and community with us.
VOLUNTEERS: Volunteer at this one-day event to help provide children the opportunity to trick or treat in a safe, non-scary environment. Provide a decorated trunk with candy and/or games for children. Volunteers may also help with crafts and other activities.
Individuals offering donations will be contacted directly to arrange pickup/drop off no later than Saturday, October 28.
All decorations must be contained within your own parking space
NO toy weapons, guns, knives, etc. and no adult masks
Car owners must bring enough candy or treats for all Trunk – or – Treaters (please only bring goodies that are pre-wrapped, no homemade goods allowed.
NO “gore” allowed (let's celebrate life) – please keep your decorations “kid friendly”
1. Deuteronomy 6:6-9 – “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”
2. Malachi 4:6 – “He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.”
3. Psalms 127:3-5 – “Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.”
4. Proverbs 3:32 – “For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.”
5. Proverbs 10:9 – “Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.”
6. Proverbs 17:27 – “The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered.”
7. Proverbs 22:6 – “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
8. Ephesians 6:4 – “Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.”
9. Joshua 24:15 – “But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
10. Genesis 18:19 – “For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”
11. Psalm 103:13 – “As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him.”
12.Hebrews 12:7 – “Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?”
13. Proverbs 14:26 – “Whoever fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge.”
14. Proverbs 3:11-12 – “My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in
15.Proverbs 23:24 – “The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.”
On this day remember the great sacrifice of Jesus upon the cross of calvary. On this night we experience a powerful and moving worship experience reflecting upon Jesus last words on the cross. This worship experience is sure to be both visually and audibly stunning. You will not soon forget this.
The worship focuses on the last 7 statements of Jesus upon the cross. These 7 last statements are:
- Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. Luke 23:34
- Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise. Luke 23:43
- Woman, behold your son. Son Behold your mother. John 19:26–27
- My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34
- I thirst. John 19:28
- It is finished. John 19:29-30
- Father, into your hands I commit my spirit. Luke 23:46
The service is filled with a range of emotion, but in the end we are left with a glimmer of hope as we anticipate the resurrection on Easter Sunday.
4 Reasons for Being a Church Member
It is Biblical
The term member is not used in the Bible (neither is trinity) but the concept of commitment certainly is. The word partnership is used and that is a very good way of understanding membership. In Philippians 1:5 Paul wrote, "I thank my God for your partnership in the Gospel." He knew Philippi's committed people were what caused the church to succeed. Throughout the Bible believers were identified with a local church whether in Corinth, Ephesus, Colossae or other cities. One of the major themes of the Bible is commitment and there is no better way to commit than becoming a member of a church.
It Gives Stability
A church is on the front lines of the spiritual battle. It faces opposition in many ways and needs to have a solid core of people who support it with their time, talent and treasure. For a church to be successful people need to step up to higher levels of commitment. Membership is a high level of commitment and the more members in the church the more stable and secure the church will be. The stability of the church allows it to take the risks necessary to make an impact in their community.
It Provides Accountability
Being a church attendant is not the same as being a church member. Attending allows you to be a part of a church without necessarily being known by the church. When you become a member you are making commitments (seven at my church) that you are then held accountable for fulfilling. Accountability is a necessary aspect of the Christian life and membership ensures it will regularly function. For the leadership of the church there is nothing like knowing people have "skin in the game" especially as decisions are made.
It Benefits You
Becoming a member of a local church is a defining moment in your Christ followership. It is a statement that you take your commitment to Christ seriously enough to make a commitment to Christ's church in a local place. Membership is making a commitment and communicating it in a public way. Like the case with any commitment, successful people are just ordinary people who make commitments others are unwilling to make. Your membership also allows the opportunity to help make key decisions affecting the church's future. In a world where membership in almost every group is falling you can help the church be the one place where it is increasing.
Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program that helps us overcome our hurts, hang-ups, and habits. It is based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory. Eighty-five percent of the people who go through the program stay with the church and nearly half serve as church volunteers.
As most people know, California is going through one of the worst droughts in it’s history. 2014 was the driest weather in California in the last 500 years!
The lack of rain has drastically affected our City of Stockton community and the families that rely on the crops that support them financially. The drought has not only affected our local community but it has made the resources that are available to the rest of the country and the world sparse to none existent.
As Christians we know that our best answer to any problem is PRAYER!
California is in need of Prayer!
Why Pray for Rain?
"...Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops." James 5:18
“Ask the Lord for rain in the time of the latter rain. The Lord will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, grass in the field for everyone.” Zech. 10:1
“If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14
Why United Prayer?
“Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matt. 18:19, 20
STOCKTON, IT’S NOT OVER!
Jesus’ disciples buried their hopes along with his body. Their dreams died with their leader. The end, right? Not quiet. The story of Easter is the good news that “it’s not over.” There is hope. The Word Church invites you to discover that hope this Easter. Bring your family to hear the story of life over death. Hope over despair. And find out what it means for you, today.