On this day remember the great sacrifice of Jesus upon the cross of calvary. On this night we experience a powerful and moving worship experience reflecting upon Jesus last words on the cross. This worship experience is sure to be both visually and audibly stunning. You will not soon forget this.
The worship focuses on the last 7 statements of Jesus upon the cross. These 7 last statements are:
- Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. Luke 23:34
- Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise. Luke 23:43
- Woman, behold your son. Son Behold your mother. John 19:26–27
- My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34
- I thirst. John 19:28
- It is finished. John 19:29-30
- Father, into your hands I commit my spirit. Luke 23:46
The service is filled with a range of emotion, but in the end we are left with a glimmer of hope as we anticipate the resurrection on Easter Sunday.